IMI’s Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) group offers cutting-edge technologies in flip chip, interconnect and precision assemblies. The group researches the latest manufacturing technologies and creates custom processes to help us meet your product requirements — reliability, form factor and functionality — while helping you gain a competitive edge. IMI Tustin, CA (Southern California) is the global headquarters for the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Group and supports many North American Customers with cutting-edge process technologies.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Capabilities
RFQ and Engagement Review
- Feasibility Review
- Manufacturing process flow definition review & other back-end process options
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Testability (DFT) review for process
- Bill-of-Material Analysis
- Product re-design
- Process value definition & analysis
Concurrent Engineering & New Process Development
- Prototype Assembly and Materials support
- Program management support
- DFM and DFT review for raw PCB, panelization & stencil
- Process tooling, test, and automation processes
- Process development (5M + E) from small precision assemblies with Chip-on-Board (COB), Flip Chip (FC), or Surface Mount Technology (SMT), multichip modules, patented processes, custom back-end and final assembly & test processes
- Production line definition and startup
- Supplier development and DFM, and DFT of custom mechanical parts and production tooling for plastic injection molding, mold design, sheet-metal stamping, PCB and connector assemblies
- Design for assembly (DFA), mechanical finite element analysis and metrology development
Benefits of IMI’s AME Services:
Time-to-Market: Proven process development expertise to launch products faster.
Cost Reduction: Reduce manufacturing costs by transferring proven processes to factories.
Improved Quality: early involvement with factory quality specialists to improve quality.