Industrial camera systems include camera vision technology such as frame rate, field of view, and megapixels made excellent with reliable camera vision technology services needed to help the vehicle identify potential hazards and obstacles on the road as well as know how to avoid them.
IMI, through its subsidiary, VIA Optronics, is a powerhouse for camera and vision technology services, making cars future ready with autonomous driving. VIA Optronics is focused on developing vision-based products to support the various ADAS application requirements.
Equipped with ten years experience of camera and extreme vision technology development, VIA Optronics develops platform designs that can be customized to reduce total development time. They continue to develop new platform variants to keep up with demand for high resolution cameras as well.
In partnering with D3 Engineering, IMI has developed a camera vision platform for customization based on the specific customer requirements. This evolving platform of automotive grade camera modules provide a menu of feature sets for qualified optical front-end and electrical back-end options, offering the best quality, smallest size and lowest cost.
IMI Minicube Platform (for Design-In Projects)
This evolving platform of automotive-grade camera modules provides a feature set menu of qualified optical front-end and electrical back-end options, offering the best quality, smallest size and lowest cost. Features and benefits include:
- Suitable for ADAS and Mirror Replacement Supplication
- Innovative Materials
- Advanced Thermal Management
- Perfect Camera Axis Alignment
- Unique Packaging Concepts
- Increased Integration
- Lean Manufacturing Design
- Process Elimination
- High-Yield Processes
- In-situ Multi-axis Optical Alignment
- Smaller, Lighter and Lower Cost
- High Reliability and Robustness (R&R)
- Flexible (silicone agnostic)
Minicube Platform Features
- Compact Size (20.5mm x 20.5mm x 21.5mm
- Ultra Lightweight (< 10g excluding lens)
- Adaptable to Various Types of Lenses
- SoC or 2-chip CMOS (YUV422 or raw HDR)
- LVDS Serialized, Inductively coupled PoC
- MCU and/or SPI Flash Optional
- Bare Die (or packaged)
- Flexible: Lens and Silicone Agnostic
Benefits of IMI’s Camera’s Platform:
Time-to-Market: Proven and validated camera design platform for faster time-to-market
Cost Competitiveness: Cost-competitive components selected with optimized assembly processes
Flexibility: Core platform design with multiple variants to meet customer needs
Your One-Stop Shop
IMI also offers smart cube (with stereo vision) and micro cube (sensor-only) models. Our range of options, backed by the technical expertise of our Advanced Manufacturing Engineering group and Test & System Development group, makes IMI your single source for camera design, prototype development and mass production requirements.