For over 30 years, IMI has taken pride in its position as an industry leader in printed circuit board (PCB) assembly services – supplying both rigid and flexible products to clients in the automotive, industrial, aerospace, medical, telecommunications and other markets.
Our PCB assembly services include not only PCB design, but also Design for Manufacturability, prototyping, circuit board manufacturing, low volume/high mix (LVHM) to high volume/low mix (HVLM) production and more.
Our inspection and testing services also feature state-of-the-art equipment, as well as all of the latest best practices in terms of test system development and automation.
PCB Assembly Breakdown
Printed circuit assembly is a specific process and one that differs greatly from the manufacturing process for a traditional circuit board. PCB Design is a crucial element of manufacturing PCB, as is the process of creating a viable PCB prototype. Once a PCB is finalized, electronic components need to be soldered directly onto it in a precise way, given the goals of the result before it can be used in any type of electronic equipment or device that is typically considered the “brains” of the product.
The assembly process is dictated by a variety of factors – including the type of board, electronic components, the assembly technology used (I.e. SMT, PTH, COB, etc.), inspection and test methodologies, the purpose of the PCB assembly and more. These elements all require a process that requires a steady, experienced hand to help guide assets across all phases of production.
Partnering with the Right EMS
Partnering with IMI provides a wide range of benefits that can’t be replicated with other PCB Assembly manufacturers.
Because we can provide both LVHM and HVLM facilities, we have the tools, expertise, and passion necessary for jobs operating under any set of requirements necessary.
Miniaturization, Value Engineering, Design and Development
We help customers reduce product size and improve performance, quality, and costs across the board – all at the same time.
Because of our global footprint (21 factories across 10 countries, totaling 140 SMT lines), engineering, design capabilities, dedicated new product development/introduction and prototyping facilities, we can get the best quality products to market faster than any of our competitors – guaranteed.
We’re ready and able to leverage our full global material spend and low-cost facilities to your advantage, helping you and your teams make significant gains in terms of cost efficiency and return on investment.
PCB Product ranges
- Flex/PCBA with 0201
- Chip on Board (COB)/ Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Assembly with Flex Interconnects
- SMT and Flip Chip on Flex with Laminated Supports
- Flip Chip (FC) on Flex Assemblies
- PCBA with µBGA
- Chip-on-Flex and Ceramic
- Automotive Camera Module
- Automotive Sensors, Controllers, and Motor Drives
- Multichip Modules (MCM)
- Precision Miniaturization Products
- Custom PCBA Designs
- Sub-Assembly and Full Box-Build
- Complex Boards Max Size: 510mm x 460mm
- High Component Count: up to 2,000 Components per Board
- Combination of CSP, BGA, PTH Connectors
- BGA Inspection, Burn-In and Conformal Processes
- Full Testing (ICT,FCT)
- Hearing Diagnostics for Medical Application
- Switch and Control Board for Communication Application
- 375 Watts for Thermal Printer
- 487 Watts for Thermal Printer
- Power Supply for Medical Applications
- Amplifier for Industrial Applications
- 430mm x 480mm x 5mm Boards, 16-20 layers
- Typical 0402 Chips to 0.3 ball size BGAs
- 400-500 Average Number of Components, Maximum of 1,500
- 2 to 5 Boards per Lot